Saturday, February 19, 2011

my cat watches me in the shower...

This week’s blog is brought to you by the letter F for FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING MUSIC NAZIS!!!!!!!

I know what you're thinking. "Mike, isn't calling them Nazis a bit harsh?" well the answer is no. No it is not. These are people who act like their choice in music is the only correct music, and all other music should be destroyed in a horrible fashion, or experimented on, in order to further their own master race of music.

Here's the thing (and if I have to repeat myself, it will be accompanied by a swift kick to the nuts/vag), everyone has different taste in music. While I will concede that here is a fairly set definition for what is "classically good", what makes any kind of music truly good is people's ability to enjoy it. Look at Ke$he for example. From the stand point of being a good singer, she fails miserably. That woman could not carry a tune if she had a bucket and a forklift. But despite that, a lot of people really enjoy her music. It is something that can get people moving and make them feel some kind of emotion. Am I saying everyone has to like it? No, I'm not saying that at all. But you know who is passing along a message similar to that? The music Nazis. They'll claim that because ke$ha music isn't "good" that people shouldn't enjoy it.

I'm sure I'll get shit from people saying things like "Mike, you're a hypocrite. You always talk about how you hate country and rap, and you constantly talk about the twisted ways in which you will kill Justin Beiber."

Let's look at those two claims separately. Yes I hate most rap and country, but this doesn't mean I want to eradicate those particular forms off the face of the planet, and I really don't care if other people enjoy/listen to them. And as for Justin Beiber, that has nothing to do with music. I just feel he is a pretentious little douche who stole the fashion stylings of lesbians across the world (and Daniel), and he needs to be punished for that. Seriously that little twat is 16 years old. He/she DOES NOT need a film made about his/her life when he/she has barely even had one at this point.

But I digress; there is NO reason to shit on people for their taste in music. If you think yourself so superior just because you think you have better taste, or if you try telling someone that they shouldn't enjoy some kind of music, I will come for you. I will take your music collection, and I will insert it into a very dark place, in the most uncomfortable way possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment